The exam widget is a useful tool for quizzing, self-evaluation, progress tracking and final exams.
It is a tool that allows admin users to create a customized exam for the participants. The exam can be graded with points, and a specific score can be chosen for passing the exam. It is fully customizable for your needs and is easy to use.
When creating your exam questions, you will see the following options.
- Fill in the title and additional information of the question you want to ask.
- Add more options for the participants to choose from
- Fill in the answer options and optional feedback messages that participants see when they choose the option. The ticked boxes mark answers that are correct (there can be multiple).
- Delete or re-arrange the order of the answers.
Here's an example of how the exam widget can be used in combination with other widgets.
Once an exam widget has been added to a page, a management 'bar' will appear on the top of the page. This bar is only visible and accessible to admin users. It allows admins (by clicking on the three dots) to edit the exam settings, to view all of the exam results from the participants and to export all of the data to excel.
There are multiple settings for the exam widget that allows you to customize it for you needs. The picture below shows the default options.
- Results view after answering to a single exam question:
- Here you can determine if the participant can see the score that they got after answering a single question.
- You can determine if the participants are given an option to change their answer after submitting a response.
- You can decide to show the optional answer feedback to the participant after they respond. You can also choose to show it for all of the answers or none of them
- This section allows you to determine the amount of points participants get for answering the question correctly. If there are multiple correct answers, all of the correct options must be chosen for full points.
- Set a minimum score to pass the exam.
- Results view after answering to all exam questions
- Choose if you want to allow the participants to view a summary of their own responses, points and whether they passed the exam.
- You can allow users to 'try again' after they have answered. This will clear and reset all of their previous answers and lets them start over.
At the bottom of the page, participants can see (if the feature is enabled in the settings) a bar that allows participants to see their results and whether they passed or not. This is where users can also 'try again' if the feature is enabled.
The results will be displayed in the following way